Whether you're just starting out learning French or want to extend your knowledge of the language, the Collins French Dictionary is the ideal book to help you understand and communicate. The dictionary has over 80,000 references, contemporary vocabulary, cultural equivalents, and notes on dialect.
You'll find comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of words and phrases, along with French updated to the new spelling reform. There's in-depth treatment of difficult words, along with cultural notes that provide insight into the life in French-speaking countries, both in France and abroad.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality Oxford language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like 'Hangman', 'Word scramble' and 'Anagrams' give the opportunity to use newly learned words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com.