Visualize Your Shift Schedule
From Jeff: Please, check the website for a "How To" tutorial, use the in-app email buttons (on the Help tab), or send to email@example.com. Please don't put questions or suggestions in a review -- there's no way for me to reply.
If your schedule varies from week to week, keeping track of your working days can be a chore, and it’s often difficult to quickly figure out when you’ll be on-duty weeks or months in the future.
Scheduler to the rescue! Designed for public-service employees such as police officers, firefighters and health-care workers — anyone who works an unusual but predictable schedule — Scheduler always shows your schedule for the next two years from “today.” Common shift schedules are built-in, such as the “Berkeley” (a.k.a. “California”), “48-96” and “Dupont,” but you can easily change them or create other repeating schedules covering any number of days. See the screenshots (here and on the web site) for some examples. And there’s even a “Doofus” mode for showing irregular schedules (e.g., health-care workers).
If your spouse/partner works a shift schedule, too, you can have that entirely different rotation appear on the calendar with yours. This will help you organize family activities such as vacations and day-care.
• Displays your schedule for the next two years, including vacations and holidays.
• Perfect for public-service workers such as police officers and firefighters.
• Records trades (swaps). Tracks hours earned or owed on a person-by-person basis.
• Formats emails for sending out trade offers and approval requests.
• Maintains a record of your OT hours.
• Tracks your vacation time: automatically computes hours earned and shows weekly balances. Also records and totals sick time.
• Logs “events” with date, time and location — you can edit the title, text, and location details when you have time. Event locations can be mapped.
• Overlays an entirely separate schedule for your spouse/partner to help you coordinate your lives.
• Totals your hours for each week and month, and accounts for trades and vacation days.
• Adjustable colors for shifts, vacations, Kelly days, holidays, etc.
• Mark special days such as Kellys, paydays, “early” shifts, or training days.
• Countdown to retirement.
• Tutorial mode: help and tips for every screen.
1. You *can* enter a custom schedule.
2. You *can* set the text that appears on each day.
3. You *can* enter very long rotations.
4. You *can* superimpose text to mark special days on the calendar.
5. You *can* set bi-weekly repeating events (e.g., for paydays)
6. There *is* a detailed setup tutorial on the website.
7. Visit my website (link below) for more screenshots and help info.
8. Scheduler is complicated. Please don't give up and leave a bad review -- I can't help you that way. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (or using the in-app email button on the Help screen) with questions or comments. I reply to all emails immediately (or within a few hours if I'm sleeping or traveling, which isn't often). If you didn't hear from me promptly, it means there was failure in the Ethernet. Please try again to contact me.
Attention FDNY (firemen): you'll find my other app, FDNY, more useful for FD New York.
Attention: UK bus and train drivers: you might find my other app, UK Rota, more useful.