Wirelessly remote your Windows Media Center now! Browse your music library (with covers), enqueue music, create playlists ... all without your TV running.
vmcMote allows you to wirelessly access and control the music functionality of your Windows Vista© or Windows 7 Media Center. It enables you to browse your library, search music, play/enqueue tracks, view the current playing track, the in-track position, create and manage playlists (on device only), enqueue radio streams ...
Important: You need to install a server component on your Media Center! The vmcMote server is an Addin for Windows Media Center.
What users say in the reviews:
- AA 1238905 on vmcMote: “All I wanted to do was select music for computer to feed to stereo without turning on TV and I find this brilliant for that. …”
- nutcola on vmcMote HD: “ I use my media center (win7) all the time for music, but found it annoying to have to fire up my tv to choose music … With this app I now don’t have to; I can just browse through my library and start playing stuff quickly from my iPad. …”
- Nexus446 on vmcMote: “…, I find the search function awesome on this app, much quicker than a remote keypad! …”
- Thejtiggiy on vmcMote HD: “WOW – That summs it up. If you have a iPad and a Windows Media Center PC this is a must have. …”
- View the currently playing music track and its cover.
- View the current playlist (Music).
- Windows 7/8 only: View a currently played Video, jump to a position inside it.
- Play/pause, next track, previous track, change shuffle/repeat.
- Jump to positions inside a track via slider, slider has different speeds.
- Library View (Albums, Artists, Genres, Radio Streams, Search, Cover Support).
- Cover Wall in horizontal orientation.
- Playlist View (Manage, Edit, Rename, Play, Enqueue Playlists – Note: On Device Only)
- Remote View (A simple remote and virtual keyboard).
- Highly configurable, e.g. different color themes (blue or dark gray)
- Multi server support.
- Offline mode.
SERVER SIDE REQUIREMENTS
- Windows© 7 32/64 Bit or Windows Vista© 32 Bit with Media Center or Windows 8© with Media Center
- .NET Framework 3.5 or higher (already included in Windows 7 and 8)
- vmcMote Server, available from http://vmcmote.blogspot.com
- Please visit http://vmcmote.blogspot.com/search/label/help if you have any problems with vmcMote.
NOT supported features:
- No Extender Support
- No Incremental Database Updates
- There is and will be no video/TV/recordings library. This tool is mainly intended to give access to Media Center functionality you naturally do not need a running TV to consume them. However, under Windows 7 and 8, you get the information about a just playing video.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 and Windows 8 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.