Tearing your hair out over idioms?
Feel like you're always in the dark?
Don't worry - you can't go wrong with the Longman Idioms Dictionary, an up-to-the-minute dictionary that will help you stay ahead of the game.
For intermediate-advanced learners of English
● More than 6000 idioms from spoken and written English, like ‘go postal’, ‘it's all gone pear-shaped’, and ‘be on the same page’
● Wide coverage of both American and British English
● Clear, accurate definitions, written using the Longman 2000-word Defining Vocabulary
● Add idioms to your bookmarks and build your own flashcard sets
● Thousands of examples
● Progressive look up to help you quickly find the idiom you need
● Automatic history
● No internet connection is necessary
● Hyperlinked cross-references to the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (sold separately)
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
● Full "Retina Display" support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud (iOS5)
● supports Facebook APIs.
● Twitter & Evernote posts.
● Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.