Max Trescott GPS Guide for the Garmin GPSMAP 496
This GPS Guide is also appropriate for owners of the Garmin GPSMAP 495.
Now on YouTube!
Do you ever have difficulty:
• Quickly entering or modifying a flight plan?
• Finding pages you use infrequently?
• Finding Airport information like runways and frequencies?
• Loading an instrument approach?
Do you still use the Direct-to key instead of entering a flight plan?
If so, you’re not alone! Our online survey of portable GPS users shows that these are common issues.
The New Max Trescott 496 GPS Guide for the iPhone is:
• A Quick Reference Checklist
• An Illustrated Self-Study Learning Guide
• A Refresher for Pilots and CFIs Using Many GPSs
Max Trescott 496 GPS Guide Features:
• Organization by function, so you can quickly find what you want
• Step-by-step instructions to make tasks easy
• Over 100 scrollable pages of information
• Over 200 screen shots so you can see how the GPS looks at each step
• Details on using and interpreting XM Weather
• AOPA Directory, Smart Taxi and Smart Airspace information
More than a paper GPS Checklist:
• Gives detailed descriptions—not just a list of steps
• Includes TIPS on the most efficient ways to use the GPS
• Cuts down on the amount of paper you have to carry
• Lets you bring many GPS checklists with no bulk
• Easy way to stay current with latest GPS feature changes
Max’s GPS Guides Save You Time:
• No hunting through user manuals
• Clear, concise answers to your GPS questions
• Lets you study any time you have a free moment
Written by a GPS Expert!
Max Trescott is the 2008 National Certificated Flight Instructor of the Year. He is the author of the newly released Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook and the bestseller Max Trescott’s G1000 Glass Cockpit Handbook.
This guide for the Garmin 496 gives detailed aviation information for the following topics:
• Airport Information Pages
• AOPA Directory
• Basics & Getting Started
-Including Page Organization
• Direct-to Navigation
• Flight Planning
• Instrument Procedures
• Instrument Panel
• Map Page
• NRST Pages
• Position Reporting
• Smart Airspace
• SmartTaxi Diagrams
• System Pages
• Terrain Page
• Vertical Navigation
• Weather Pages
• XM Radio
Note: This GPS Guide is focused on the aviation features of this unit. Buy this guide ONLY if your primary use for the GPS is aviation related. This guide is not focused on the automotive and marine capabilities of the unit.
Garmin is a trademark of Garmin Ltd.