Make your job easier with our handy refrigerant charging and diagnostic HVAC app - HVAC Buddy®. If you are servicing equipment the best way to begin diagnosis and determine the proper refrigerant charge is to use HVAC Buddy®, a set of gauges, and a thermometer.
• Superheat for fixed capillary or Subcool forTXV/EXV systems
• Calculates targeted vs. actual Subcooling
• 4 refrigerants including R-22 (Freon), R-410A (Puron), R-404A, R-134A
• Airflow / Delta-T / TEET Calculation
• Diagnosis tab for leaks, overcharge, contaminants, etc.
• Email System Status Report
• Imperial (IP) or Metric (SI)
• Use Target Superheat and Subcool tables or enter manually
• Update all values with realtime output
• User friendly with step by step instructions
if the early outdoor temperature is 75F and you charge the system to a “beer can cold” suction line your system is likely improperly charged. Later in the afternoon high temperatures will increase head pressure and the resulting overcharge means a lower than desired superheat and wasted energy. Not good!
• Enter refrigerant, temps, and pressures
• The math is done for you to display Superheat, Subcool and Airflow Target, Actual, and Difference
• Email all readings (detail)
• Flexible units - psi, kPa, Fahrenheit, Celsius, etc.
• Calculates Superheat and Subcool targets
• Airflow - For cooling, compares a targeted difference across the coil vs. actual. Also called Delta-T or Target Evaporator Exit Temperature (TEET).
• Diagnosis - shows common causes for high and low superheat, subcooling.
• Instructions - Detailed step by step instructions and knowledge base at powertrade.com/support.
• System Status Report - Use the email tab to create defaults for email addresses, subject, and System Status Report introductory text. Tap the email button and these values are incorporated into a formatted page including all the parameters recorded in HVAC Buddy. Edit the email and / or add contacts from your contact list. Then on each service call it's just a couple taps to send a personalized report.
Accolades and Awards:
HVAC Buddy® ranked #2 in ContractingBusiness.com readers choice of top 10 contracting apps August 2011.
HVAC Buddy® was featured by the California Association of HERS Raters and is CalHERS approved!
"Very cool app. I can see California really running with this as we have strict requirements for verification." - John Richau, Executive Director, Calhers
"an excellent programme" - Charlie Richards
** Also available on Windows Phone 7 and Android **
NEW! HVAC Buddy® Load Calc - Now Available
HVAC Buddy® GridBuddy - Store customers, units. Calculate and compare 30+ system operating characteristics.
HVAC Buddy® Duct Calc - Powerful tool with a simple to use real-time interface to help you choose optimal duct sizes.
HVAC Buddy® Pressure Temperature - Over 90 Refrigerant combinations and their corresponding PT relationship in Metric or Imperial units.
HVAC Buddy® Psychrometric - Quickly calculate thermodynamic properties of moist air at temperatures commonly used in HVAC systems. Enter multiple sets of properties, mix air streams.