GET THE FOCAL IRISH TRANSLATOR
What's the Irish for "handy"?
Find out within seconds with Get the Focal on your iPhone or iPod Touch. A massive database of English / Irish translations that lives in your pocket, always there when you need it.
The app now includes an on-line search facility with results from the O'Dónaill dictionary, over 200,000 terms from the national terminology database at www.focal.ie and full sentence translation from Google translate.
Extremely useful to have while doing that Irish assignment, reading an Irish article or if you just need a little extra help with your 'cúpla focal'.
Need more than a translation? What does that word sound like? Just tap the translation to hear a pronunciation.
Get the Focal is a 2-way English-Irish translator
- 13,000 off-line words and terms
- Pronunciations on demand from abair.ie
- No internet connection necessary for translations (only for pronunciations)
- Quick and simple to use
- Shake your phone for a random word
- Content approved by Foras na Gaeilge
- New On-line search of O'Dónaill Dictionary, Irish terminology database (focal.ie) and Google translate