Raja Ravi Varma (1848 - 1906) was an Indian painter who achieved recognition for his depiction of scenes from the epics of the Mahabharata and Ramayana. His paintings are considered to be among the best examples of the fusion of Indian traditions with the techniques of European academic art.
Varma is most remembered for his paintings of beautiful sari clad women, who were portrayed as very shapely and graceful. His exposure in the west came when he won the first prize in the Vienna Art Exhibition in 1873.
Many of his oil paintings are classic and his unique style has later influenced artists and designers worldwide.
1. App contains 60 famous paintings of Ravi Varma.
2. High Clarity paintings (See screenshots).
3. Slideshow with Transition Duration and Type settings.
4. Individual detail view of each Painting. Double tap your screen for an enhanced view of the painting by magnifying it. Pinch and Zoom feature is also enabled.
5. Search option.
6. Paintings are presented with a mind-blowing background score.