Engage in action packed air-to-air and air-to-ground combat with enemy aircraft, battleships, and turrets as you battle for control of island strongholds!
Visit our website for an exciting gameplay video!
◆ One of PocketGamer's "10 most anticipated iPhone games of winter 2009" by Tracy Erickson ◆
With an armada of customizable combat aircraft at your disposal, you are challenged to explore and conquer the fully 3D, open-world environments of Above & Beyond Air Combat.
◆ View an exciting gameplay video at AxiosGames.com ◆
::: Features Summary :::
• Explore and conquer over 60 islands in a fully 3D, open-world environment.
• Customize 12 advanced combat aircraft
• Upgrade your aircraft with over 15 different weapons and numerous thrusters, shields, and other enhancements.
• Engage in 3 unique battle modes: Gauntlet, Survival, and Conquest.
• Share Highscores and Achievements via the fully integrated OpenFeint 2.1 service.
• Enjoy *your* music with in-game music library integration.
• Several options to calibrate and tune controls to your personal preference
• Initial loading times are very quick, and there are rarely any loading times during gameplay
::: Details :::
Customization is a core aspect of Above & Beyond Air Combat, each aircraft has not only unique stats, but a unique set of equipment sockets. Each socket is then filled by a weapon, thruster, or upgrade which are acquired with credits earned during all 3 battle modes. Weapons include: machine guns, lasers, flak cannons, missiles, ray guns, bombs , and more.
The world contains over 60 islands which are divided into several diverse regions - ranging from tropical to volcanic, to glacier ice, to desert. Each island is unique and can be traveled to seamlessly (without load times), so if you're a fan of exploration, you will definitely enjoy Above & Beyond.
Along with the primary Conquest mode, Above & Beyond Air Combat also features two arcade modes: Gauntlet and Survival. Gauntlet is a time trial race in which obstacles, targets, and bonus rings are placed throughout the track. A Gauntlet track will often feature tight canyons, sharp turns, and fast straightaways. In Survival, you will be pitted against a never-ending onslaught of enemy targets. Using your own customized aircraft, you must survive as many waves as possible for the highest score.