SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT DOWNLOAD
***This very large app (the entire content of the Merck Manual) can take up to 15 min on wifi to download and install. ***
Medical knowledge is power. The completely redesigned Merck Manual Consumer App improves on the trusted Merck Manual home reference app. Still with the clear, practical explanations for thousands of medical disorders, including symptoms and what doctors do to diagnose and treat medical conditions. Now with many new features and enhancements.
After the initial install, the app will download a large amount of content when opened for the first time. Thus, we recommend downloading the app while connected to wi-fi.
The trusted Merck Manual Consumer medical app for home reference offers:
• Health and medical information written and updated regularly by more than 350 medical experts
• Topics searchable by symptom, diagnosis or treatment, all written in easy-to-understand language
• Photos and Illustrations on thousands of disorders and diseases
• NEW Animations that visually demonstrate diseases and treatments
• NEW Interactive Quizzes* to test knowledge on health topics--scores can be posted on Twitter
• NEW Drug and Medicine Information Guide* including:
o Drug Interactions
o Pill Identifier
o Medications and over-the-counter drugs
• NEW Medical News and TV* covering the most current and important health topics
• NEW Editorials* written by top medical experts
*Internet access needed.
About Merck Manuals
Our mission is simple:
We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
That’s why we are making the Merck Manuals available for free in digital form to professionals and patients around the world. No registration or subscription required, and no ads.
This mobile application is intended for use in the United States, Canada, its territories and Puerto Rico only.
This app was built and tested specifically for Version 2.1. For more information please read the End User License Agreement at
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our privacy commitment at http://www.merck.com/policy/commitment/home.html.
To report an adverse event with a specific Merck product, please call the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372.