Welcome to the extraordinary world of Filmcards, a grand tourist project that will lead you to the discovery of the most legendary places in Italy and in the rest of the world.
It consists in several applications, creating a new kind of “guide-book” and aiming at developing, in time, into a through collection.
Filmcards is persuaded that such a guide, besides being helpful to the user to gather information, is mostly helpful as it offers the chance to get to know what one is going to visit by watching specific film clips.
As a matter of fact Filmcards’ guides include, besides written texts and photos of every spot of the town, original FILM CLIPS as well, often complemented by animation and three-dimensional graphic reconstructions, which are extremely helpful to the tourist both before and during the journey and will turn out to be a wonderful souvenir upon his return. Some of the guides, having a particular content (such as museums, archaeological sites, etc.), offer the chance of listening to the reading of texts – which can be started and interrupted at will – making them real audio guides.
This guide concerns the magnificent Umbrian town of ORVIETO, and consists of:
1) An approximately 25'-MINUTE LONG ORIGINAL FOOTAGE concerning many of the places dealt with in the application, which can be accessed both directly via the very pages describing them and via a specially provided list:
• Cathedral - Chapel of St Brizio
• Uderground Orvieto
• Tower of the Moor and Palazzo del Popolo
• Fortress and St Patrick’s Well
• Shops, handicraft and gastronomy
• Church of St Andrew
• Church of St Juvenal
• Faina’s Archaeological Museum
2) A vast PHOTOGRAPHIC GALLERY consisting of hundreds of pictures of all the sites, the churches and the monuments.
3) The HISTORY OF THE TOWN
4) The detailed TOUR of all the sights (Palaces, Fortress, St Patrick’s Well, Museums, Underground Orvieto, Road of Wines, etc.)
5) THE CATHEDRAL AND THE CHURCHES
6) TRADITIONS (festivals, folklore, handicraft, gastronomy complemented by typical recipes, etc.)
7) PRACTICAL ADVICE concerning the journey, the staying and the tour of the town, including useful telephone numbers, addresses, web sites, etc.
8) A comprehensive list of the main HOTELS, HOLIDAY FARMS and RESTAURANTS of the town (including descriptions, addresses, telephone numbers, web sites and e-mail addresses, all of which are directly linkable).
All the sites, the hotels and the restaurants dealt with can be easily located on a map which is also available as a satellite map, and can all be easily reached following the route, which is displayed starting from the spot the user is located on.
This is the ENGLISH version, it is available also a full ITALIAN version.
For further information visit our web site www.filmcards.it and send advice and criticisms to email@example.com. We will appreciate it and you will help us improve our product more and more.
Next releases of Filmcards guides will be devoted to TODI, CAPRI, POMPEI, SPOLETO, ISCHIA, ASSISI and OMAN.
Therefore, have a pleasant journey with Filmcards and…
WELCOME TO ORVIETO!