Welcome to the wonderful world of Koi! You've always admired those colorful fish in small ponds at outdoor malls, Japanese restaurants and your neighbor's back yard but never knew their proper name. Sure they're Koi but each one of a different color and different pattern has it's own identity.
Koi Story solves this problem for the uninformed as well as the expert Koi spotter. Select from either the Koi Finder or Koi Expert modes and the proper name (and pronunciation) is revealed. For the uninitiated, choose the Koi Finder path and then simply indicate which colors are apparent on the Nishikigoi ("colored carp") being viewed. A few clicks lead you to the correct image out of the 71 varieties of fish in the extensive database.
Alternately, responding to a few Yes/No questions yields a narrow range of probable candidates. A quick survey of the results provides a match-up to the correct identity.
The more experienced Koi "a-fish-ianado" can bypass this path and choose directly from a list of the 16 principal classifications and then browse through the possible images for a Koi whose pattern matches the object of interest.
More than just a scrollable library of colorful pictures, Koi Story is educational as well. Each of the classifications is accompanied by a comprehensive description on the flip side of the image.
Some unique features found in Koi Story:
- 71 illustrations of 16 different classifications of Koi are included.
- Uses either pattern or color recognition to zero in on identification.
- Links to many of the most important web sites relating to the hobby are just a click away.
- Any image and its description can be emailed with one click without leaving the program.
- Does not require an Internet connection - all the data is in the program.