The Mourning Post is designed for iPhone users to preserve the memory of your loved ones by creating a memorial that can be visited anytime, from anywhere. Share your memorial, and visit others around the world.
This application allows you to visit and create as many memorials as you'd like, and if you d like to upgrade
the memorials by adding photos, the obituary, a guestbook that your friends can sign and leave a note, there's even a timeline feature that allows you to post the events and accomplishments that are special.
The Mourning Post works side by side with a website, so you may share it with anyone and if they don’t have an iPhone, they can still visit the memorial on the web at themourningpost.com. Upload photos, write the obituary, and even post a timeline of events and accomplishments that occurred throughout their life.
You don’t have to complete the memorial the first time you login, once you are logged in you may visit and edit as often as you like.
SOME OF THE FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Search for memorials where you are or around the globe
- Create and view your own personal memorials
- Memorials feature (see website for details on different types of memorials):
- Information and description of your loved one
- Map of locations that mattered to them (even include funeral/viewing locations to help your family/friends get directions)
- Timeline of significant events and accomplishments that occurred throughout their life
- Share the memorial with your family and friends
- Send flowers
The GPS feature will allow you to pinpoint all the significant locations and give directions if need be.
As you travel the world the markers will appear, at that point you simply touch the marker to visit the memorial.
So if you're guilty of not visiting the gravesite as often as you should, fret not, now you may build a lasting memory and create a beautiful memorial that you can visit anywhere you find yourself thinking of the special one in your life.
So if they have lived in multiple locations or have traveled the globe and accomplished many things, or if you just want to carry the memory wherever
you go, you can now bring it all together into one very unique application.
Please visit www.themourningpost.com for more info on this app.