Now featuring full support for iPad, Retina displays, iOS 6, and iPhone 5!
ChordCalc is an evolving interactive calculator for guitar chords. It includes a fretboard to enter and find chord fingerings in 20 common tunings, plus Chord, Scale, and Circle interfaces to build chords and perform common chord operations. Add extensions, transpose to other keys, harmonize within scales, and more. Or just type in chords by name.
ChordCalc always shows chords in the context of keys and scales, and all its displays are interactive. In the Scale simply drag the chord around to transpose and move through the scale harmonies. The Circle Screen has three well-rounded ways to transpose and harmonize within the key/scale. On 4" devices the a unified circle view supplants the old piano view.
The Guitar interface is based on the guitar palette from the Mac app FretPet, so you can touch the fretboard directly to toggle tones, or use the adjustable bracket to choose a range of frets and let ChordCalc find complete fingerings automatically.
ChordCalc includes all these helpful features:
• Type in chords by name
• View and select from 11 other names
• Build chords from notes, functions, or stacked
• Modify chords in relation to modes, scales,
• View and edit chords by toggling notes in the
Circles of 5ths and Semitones
• Harmonize chords with the Circle of Harmonies
• View and edit chords on a piano interface (3.5" devices only)
• Toggle notes on the guitar fretboard to build
and identify chords
• Slide and resize a bracketed region of the
fretboard to auto-generate fingerings
• View chord fingerings in more than 20 tunings
including New Standard Tuning
• Strum fingered chords
• View notes with "Loose Tone Naming" for more