The United Kingdom is alive with history. For hundreds of years, blue plaques and other memorials have been affixed to those buildings which have a particularly significant connection to historical figures and events. Let this app be your guide as you explore this rich and varied history. You're never very far away from a little piece of the past.
With a database of over 6,000 plaques drawn from OpenPlaques.org, this app is ideal for any visitor to the UK.
* Includes a database of locations and basic biographical data which you can browse while off-line.
* Uses GPS to list nearby plaques. (GPS is supported but not required.)
* Build an itinerary of plaques you would like to view.
* Search by famous name or address.
* Links to Wikipedia to bring you full information on the historical figures commemorated.