"...a true notepad experience that may help you make a clean break from the pencil-and-paper era." -New York Times.
=== Users describe Mental Note as "the only notepad app... that's actually better than, and as simple as, a pen and paper." It's "the future of note taking", and "a big sketchpad... [to] free associate and put stuff down in any format".
Turn your iPhone or iPod touch into a digital notepad. Combine photographs, voice recordings, drawings and text - all on the same page, in any order you choose.
An idea... a flash - a moment of genius. When a thought hits, and you have to remember it, why limit how you record it? The more context and sensory details you can capture, the clearer the idea can be put down. Use photographs, audio, sketching and text together on the same page... a digital page that can be shared with anyone.
Mental Note allows you to capture ideas as they happen: use photographs, dictate, add text, sketch on anything. Ideas clarified. Creativity captured.
- Draw with your finger using multiple colours and widths on top of photographs, text, or anywhere else on the page. Zoom in to sketch fine details.
- Take a photo or choose one from your album and add it to the page.
- Add audio to the page by recording with the built-in microphone (iPhone) or an external microphone (iPod touch). Continue to edit your note while recording.
- Organize your notes using tags.
- Password protect your private notes and flag your important ones.
- Attach Calendar events to your notes.
- Undo, redo anything in the note by shaking the device.
- Delete note sections using the toolbar button or by swiping any note section.
- Move a note section by swiping and then dragging it to its new location.
- Length of a note is limited only by device memory.
- Export in a variety of formats including PDF, text, Mental Note format, and more. Send using email, iCloud, Dropbox, and more.
* Send a note in Mental Note format so the note may be imported into another person's Mental Note app.
* Using email, export a complete note directly from Mental Note as either a PDF document or a picture (each audio recording is attached to the email as a separate file; use QuickTime or another modern media player to play the attached audio). You can also email just the text from your note.
- Export your notes and backups to your iCloud and/or Dropbox account.
- Share a note with your friends using Twitter.
- Map the location a note was created at (if location services are enabled).
- Change the size and font of the text in your notes.
- Change the color and background of your notes.
- Numerous other configuration options.
- Supports all orientations.
THIS VERSION IS OPTIMIZED FOR iPhone & iPod touch. FOR iPad, PLEASE SEE Mental Note for iPad.
Read more: www.zymbiotic.com