iSundicator is a software which can help you to reduce risk of skin cancer when you are exposed to ultraviolet radiation from the sun. It is helpful for you when you take outdoor activities, sun bath or play out door sport. With iSundicator, you can define your skin type, ultraviolet index, location type, weather condition … then iSundicator will tell you the time you can stay outside under the sun.
- Your skin type: There are 6 common skin types in the application, you need to select one. If you are not sure about your skin type, you need to ask doctor
- UVI: Ultraviolet index, the WHO defines it as “The UVI is a simple measure of the UV radiation level at the Earth's surface”. You can set UVI value, get it from GPS or input your ZIP code to get it. If possible, we prefer you to use GPS or get it from your ZIP code, it will be more accurate
- SPF: sun protection factor of your sunscreen. If you don’t use any sunscreen, you need to set it as the smallest value
- Locations: there are five common locations in the application, you need to select one
- Conditions: About cloudy, snowy …
After saving your setting, iSundicator will calculate and give you the time to stay outside under the sun. You can start to count down the time. You can also stop, pause and resume your count down time. When the time is passed, iSundicator will notify you by playing a song and vibrate (which you set in the setting page).