This dictionary was specially designed for Brazilians who study or use the English language. It covers more than 25,000 entries, that are essential for the study and correct use of English, both American and British.
The contents of the entire dictionary follows the Portuguese Language Orthographic Vocabulary (VOLP, 5th edition, March 2009), respecting the changes introduced by the Portuguese Language Orthographic Agreement of 1990.
The application was created using state-of-the-art technology, presenting results immediately when querying for a word, with a clean and objective user interface optimized for iPhone/iPod and iPad.
These are the main features of the "Michaelis Dicionário Escolar Inglês":
• complete contents without requiring Internet connection;
• more than 75,000 translations;
• more than 30,000 expressions and examples;
• audible speaking of the English words;
• syllable division of the entries;
• phonetic transcription of English and Portuguese entries;
• part of speech of words and government of verbs;
• notes on grammar issues and proper use of English words and expressions;
• complete conjugation of all Portuguese and English verbs in the dictionary;
• curiosities, tips and verb conjugation tables;
• new Portuguese spelling, following the Orthographic Agreement;
• practical guide of the Orthographic Agreement;
• definition lookup from other apps;
• advanced query for Portuguese by spelling approximation;
• automatic recognition of 200,000 verb conjugations;
• query by beginning, ending, or middle of entry or by definition of the entry;
• option to configure information displayed;
• history, bookmarks and index of entries;
A valuable tool to improve the knowledge of the English language.