Electrician’s Helper will take the hassle out of looking up electrical codes and doing complex calculations for installations.
With Electrician’s Helper you can...
● Calculate voltage, current and power in 3 phase delta and wye circuits.
● Find the ampacity of a conductor as per the NEC and CEC tables.
● Calculate the voltage drop in a line based on length, size, current and temperature.
● Find the total box fill by entering the size and number of conductors, straps and clamps.
● Find the maximum number of conductors allowed in a particular size raceway based on NEC and CEC rules.
● Determine what size raceway is needed for a bundle of conductors.
● Find the maximum bend radius of a conduit.
● Find the maximum capacitor kvar for a motor and the current reduction obtained.
● Find the motor current, heater current, breaker required, wire size, starter and conduit size for a particular 3 phase motor.
● Find the full load current of an induction, squirrel cage, and synchronous motor.
● Find the locked rotor current of a single or 3 phase motor.
● Estimate the Maximum Pull Tension.
● Calculate voltage, current and kVA of single and three phase transformers.
● Do basic ohm’s law calculations.
● Find decimal equivalents of fractions.
● Convert temperature scales.
● Look up connector configurations.
● Look up NEC tables 310.60(C)(67-84)
Tested with iOS 6.3 thru iOS 9.3
Please note that this is a calculator for codes used in the NEC and CEC. It is not a replacement for the code books.