Five videos bring mathematics to a fun new level in the "Math Snacks" video series. These videos teach about ratio, rate, and proportion.
* Watch a date go horribly awry because of bad ratios!
* Watch what REALLY happened to the continent of Atlantis!
* Meet "Ratey the Math Cat", the cat who's great with rates!
* See the heroine Scale-Ella lock horns with the evil Scaleo!
* See numbers rise up and fight for their rights!
* Watch two kingdoms teeter on the brink of war because of different measurement standards!
These videos were developed as part of the "Math Snacks" initiative. Other free animations, activities, and games are available through the Math Snacks web site at http://mathsnacks.org.
Produced by mathematics educators, researchers, and animators at the Learning Games Lab at New Mexico State University. Videos developed by the Learning Games Lab undergo a rigorous instructional design process, extensive user testing, and input from learners, teachers, and researchers. For more information about the NMSU Learning Games Lab, visit http://learninggameslab.org.
The Math Snacks videos were developed in part under a cooperative agreement from the U.S. Department of Education. However, this does not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. Funded in part by U.S. Department of Education: Award Number U295A050004.