PRESENTATION OF THE FILMCARDS’ PROJECT
We are delighted to present the preview of a great multimedia project consisting of a collection of many tourist applications, each one dedicated to a famous Italian or foreign city or country, presenting the unique characteristic of introducing a guide through beautiful film clips.
Each guide, in fact, is divided into various sections, precisely:
1. WATCH THE VIDEOS, which gives access to many film clips which illustrate the major spots, monuments, folklore, etc of the city (of about approximately 30’ to 60’, divided in different topics).
2. PHOTOGRAPHIC GALLERY, a broad gallery with hundreds of pictures portraying the most important spots of the location.
3. HISTORY OF THE CITY, a text, supported by pictures, which presents the history of the city.
4. A VISIT OF THE CITY, an exhaustive range of texts (always accompanied by pictures), which illustrate the angles and the monuments worth visiting.
5. RELIGIOUS PLACES, the visit to all the most important religious places of the city and its surroundings (churches, cathedrals, sanctuaries, etc.)
6. OTHER INTERESTING SIGHTS.
7. TRADITIONS. In this section we will discover the “soul” of the city, recalling the traditions, the events, the holidays, the folklore, and the handicraft. We will talk about wine and food as well (giving interesting and delicious recipes), and sometimes you can encounter videos of traditional dances and singing.
8. HOTELS AND FOOD. In this section you can find hundreds of hotels, holiday farms, B&B and restaurants, each with a personal card in which the structure will be described through pictures and useful information (address, phone number, links, geographical localization on the city map).
9. INFORMATION: the section provides for the tourist a series of useful information (transports, parking lots, important phone numbers, museums, tourist offices…etc….).
All the sites, the monuments, the churches the restaurants etc. can be immediately spotted on a geographical map (or satellite map), with the necessary information to easily arrive to destination.
For some guides (dedicated to historical or archeological places such as Pompeii or Ancient Rome), it will be possible to access wonderful animated 3D reconstructions, to pretend to live the city as it once was. In other cases, some text will be read out loud by a voice, transforming the guide in a real AUDIO GUIDE.
For now the applications (ranging from 150MB to 350MB, however very easy to download) are in English and Italian, but it is our intention to distribute them in all the main languages
The application can be downloaded in just a few minutes, at a fairly low price (4,99 €), so to give a chance to the tourist to gather all the applications he needs without spending an excessive amount of money.
The guides already on the net are ORVIETO and TODI. The next guides will be dedicated to
- ROMA ANTICA
This application contains a complete example of the project, with the sections subdivided in 9 examples taken from the first 9 cities included in the project.
Moreover, the application includes a variety of commercials dedicated to hotels, and an example of a folklore (the clip on the so-called “Tammurriata Nera”, a famous Neapolitan song celebrated in the little streets of Naples).
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.filmcards.it, where you’ll be able to test the various applications; furthermore, please send your critics or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate very much your help in improving our project.
THIS IS THE ENGLISH VERSION OF THE ITALIAN "ANTEPRIME"