---- YOU CAN FIND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS APPLICATION VIA THE NET AT WIKIPEDIA.COM----
Engineering is the discipline, art and profession of acquiring and applying technical, scientific and mathematical knowledge to design and implement materials, structures, machines, devices, systems, and processes that safely realize a desired objective or inventions.
Historically the main Branches of Engineering are categorized as follows:
1. Aerospace engineering - The design of aircraft, spacecraft and related topics.
2. Chemical engineering - The exploitation of chemical principles in order to carry out large scale chemical processing, as well as designing new specialty materials and fuels.
3. Civil engineering - The design and construction of public and private works, such as infrastructure (roads, railways, water supply and treatment etc.), bridges and buildings.
4. Electrical engineering - The design of electrical systems, such as transformers, as well as electronic goods. Also, depending on the countries (UK and France for eg.) could refer to an area of statistics or Applied Mathematics (eg. Statistical signal processing).
5. Mechanical engineering - The design of physical or mechanical systems, such as engines, powertrains, kinematic chains, vacuum technology, and vibration isolation equipment.