iDistillery is a comprehensive guide on Scotland whisky distilleries that includes detailed information on 127 scotch producers. This application provides in-depth information on the history, location, tour hours, along with other interesting useful facts and figures on each distillery. This is a must have application if you plan on traveling to Scotland to visit distilleries. Additionally, this is an excellent reference for any whisky / scotch connoisseur that wants to take their knowledge of Scottish distilleries to the next level.
* Region Profiles – Detailed information and characteristics on each of the Scottish whisky producing regions including the Highlands, Lowlands, Speyside, Campbeltown and Islay.
* Distilleries by Region – Provides the ability to find and sort distilleries by region simply by clicking on a given section of the map.
* Critical Distillery Data – provides data on each Scotland distillery including address, phone number, website, longitude and latitude, production status, region etc...
* Production Process Overview - Detailed information on each step of the whisky production process
* Map View - Obtain a map to distilleries based on your location using on the iPhone map kit and the internal GPS. These zoomable maps are invaluable to help you find your way.
* Tour Tips and Hints - Tip and hints to help you get the most out of your distillery tours
Audio Files - for each distillery (provides pronunciation).
* Distillery overview - information on the history, interesting facts and visitor center hours for each distillery.
* iDistillery Quiz - Test your knowledge of whisky / scotch / distilleries with the distillery quiz.
* Closed Distillery Data – iDistillery even includes information on Scottish whisky distilleries that have long since closed down such as Port Ellen, Rosebank, Kinclaith and other producers of rare scotches.
This version of the application was NOT intended to help users track scotch they intend on purchasing. Additionally, the application does not rank or rate individual bottles of Scotch.