PilotFAR / AIM is the premier aviation reference app for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch. This new release is free to download and preview. If you enjoy the app you can purchase the FAA regulations on a per-update basis, OR as an automatic subscription.
Here's what Aviation Speaker/Trainer Rod Machado has to say about our apps:
"I had a chance to download the PilotFAR/AIM, PilotE6B/WX and PilotPrep apps and have been exploring them. What fantastic apps they are! The FAR/AIM is just too darn easy to use. When I’m looking for information, I need the ability to perform a quick search and the PilotFAR/AIM app makes this incredibly easy to do. Instead of slugging through hundreds of pages of FAR/AIM info, I simply type a word in the search window, and retrieve the info. And I can even email an AIM or FAR excerpt to myself or a fellow CFI. I really like it. "
Check out our plethora of reviews - they’re all from real pilots, students, and instructors who use our products every day. We’re pilots ourselves so we understand the type of products you want and need.
PilotFAR / AIM features:
- Text highlighting. Highlight text in the regulations or AIM that you want to stand out.
- Fully offline access to all included FARs, the AIM, and PCG.
- Full text search. Find the regulations you’re looking for quickly by entering words or search terms.
- Formatted and optimized for the small screen. All topics are specially formatted for the iPhone / iPod Touch screen and include all text and graphics.
- FAR sections and paragraphs are nicely indented for easy reading.
- Customization. Customize the FAR Table of Contents to include only the regulations you need.
- Bookmarks. Bookmark your most frequently accessed entries for easy access. Organize bookmarks into folders if you have a lot.
- Email entries. Are you an instructor? Send your students the FAR or AIM entries they need to brush up on.
- Cross-reference hyperlinks. When a regulation, AIM, or PCG entry references another, just tap to follow the link.
- And much more! We listen to customer feedback and strive to incorporate the features you ask for!
We respond to all support and feedback emails. In fact we encourage feedback and have a feedback feature built right into PilotFAR / AIM! Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.