FOR INTERMEDIATE & UPPER-INTERMEDIATE LEARNERS OF ENGLISH
Practical and comprehensive support
- 100,000 words, phrases and meanings, including the Academic Word List
- 40,000 corpus-based examples show words in context
- Integrated Thesaurus explains 6,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words
- 20,000 Collocations show typical word combinations
- Easy to understand - all definitions are written using the Longman Defining Vocabulary of 2,000 common words
- Full contents of the Longman Active Study Dictionary book with all words pronounced by both British and American native speakers of English
- 40,000 audio recordings to help you learn the correct pronunciation
- Full-colour text, zoomable illustrations and extensive sound files make the Longman Active Study Dictionary ideal for use on your iOS device
- Full-colour illustrations with zoom function
- Progressive look-up for quick searching
- Academic wordlist highlighted to help you understand high-level academic texts
- Automatic history
The Longman Active Study Dictionary is ideal for intermediate students who want a dictionary that lasts them up to advanced level. The best-selling dictionary in its category, the Active Study includes all the information students need to improve their English and increase their vocabulary in a portable size. It has more words, phrases, and examples than any other dictionary at this level.
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
● Full "Retina Display" support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud (iOS5)
● supports Facebook APIs.
● Twitter & Evernote posts.
● Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.
Longman Active Study Dictionary
© Pearson Education Limited, 2010