Enjoy reading Frankenstein ebook with auto-scrolling, day and night viewing modes, bookmarks, multiple font sizes, full screen viewing in portrait and landscape orientations, and more!
• AUTO-SCROLL: Hands free reading with our advanced variable speed auto-scrolling.
• FULL SCREEN VIEW: No tab, navigation, or toolbars to get in your viewing way.
• BOOKMARK CONTROLS: Bookmarking lets you start up where you left off fast.
• MULTIPLE FONT SIZES: Increase or decrease the text size quickly and easily.
• DAY & NIGHT MODES: Switch from day to night mode at the touch of a finger.
• PORTRAIT & LANDSCAPE: Read your eBook in portrait or landscape position.
• AUTO SETTINGS: Your viewer settings are automatically saved and loaded.
• COPY & PASTE: Copy and paste selected text to other apps.
• TEXT MAGNIFICATION: Magnify text for easier reading.
• And more!
eBook Media Viewer Series #25
Author: Mary Shelley
Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus, generally known as Frankenstein, is a novel written by Mary Shelley. Shelley started writing when she was 18 and the novel was published when she was 21. The first edition was published anonymously in London in 1818. Shelley's name appears on the second edition, published in 1831. The title of the novel refers to a scientist, Victor Frankenstein, who learns how to create life and creates a being in the likeness of man, but larger than average and more powerful. In popular culture, people have tended incorrectly to refer to the monster as "Frankenstein". Frankenstein is infused with some elements of the Gothic novel and the Romantic movement. It was also a warning against the expansion of modern man in the Industrial Revolution, alluded to in the novel's subtitle, The Modern Prometheus. The story has had an influence across literature and popular culture and spawned a complete genre of horror stories and films. It is often considered the first fully realized science fiction novel due to its pointed, if gruesome, focus on playing God by creating life from dead flesh.