The AnswersIn Medicine Crohn's Disease module contains 1hr 20mins of high quality videos on the topic from Professor Owen Epstein, a leading specialist in the condition. The modules have been produced in association with University College London Business (UCLB) plc and are based on the latest British Society of Gastroenterology Guidelines.
Each video covers an aspect of the condition delivered as an engaging interview and accompanied by illustrations and animations:
- Introduction (14m 05s) - General introduction to the condition and current theories on the cause
- Clinical Features (12m 02s) - A comprehensive overview of the symptoms and examinations findings in Crohn's disease
- Investigations (8m 40s) - The role of blood tests, imaging and colonoscopy in investigating the condition
- Management (15m 34s) - The role of diet and drugs in managing the condition
- Further management (9m 42s) - Maintaining remission and the use of biological agents
- Surgery (8m 29s) - The role of surgical treatment in managing Crohn's disease including strictures and fistulas
- Perianal disease (10m 49s) - Perianal manifestations of Crohn's disease and its management
In addition to the videos, each section is accompanied by bullet point text summaries which provide an at a glance overview of each topic.
The high quality medical information is delivered at the standard required for medical and nursing graduates and undergraduates, but the engaging videos are equally accessible to patients wanting to find out more about their condition.
The module is part of the AnswersIn series, delivering specialist level knowledge to your iPhone / iPad ensuring access to high quality medical information and learning on the move.