If you’ve missed the WEBINAR on ASTIGMATISM held in ECUADOR in Jan 2014, you can find all the TUTORIALS and LIVE DEMONSTRATIONS on EYE PRO in the video below. Thanks to the amazing organisation of Dr Eduardo Viteri, the Webinar was a great success and there were over 220 attendees from around the world. Dr Borasio’s talks are between 2:57:00 and 3:22:24 + between 4:22:57 and 4:41:51 and show how to use the most advanced and complex features of the app. http://meet79792352.adobeconnect.com/p9ohpu3hyte/
Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/571282399614561/?previousaction=join&source=1
The iPhone version of “BESSt 2.0 IOL Power Calculator”. A must-have tool for Anterior Segment surgeons who need to perform cataract surgery after laser refractive surgery. OCULUS™ Pentacam™ is required.
FEATURES OF BESSt2:
Biometry post Laser Refractive Surgery:
• BESSt 2.0 formula (Myopic / Hypermetropic algorithm):
The latest version of BESSt Formula allows more accurate estimation of IOL Power in eyes which underwent Laser Refractive Surgery for either Myopia or Hypermetropia. BESSt 2.0 only requires Pentacam™ measurements, without ANY need of pre-refractive surgery information. WARNING: When using BESSt 2.0 formula 0 (zero) must be entered in the Sph Aber field. For more info: http://www.edmondoborasio.com/Dr_Edmondo_Borasio/BESSt2.html
• BESSt 1.0 formula:
The original formula (as published on the JCRS, 2006) is also present and can be used if your Pentacam™ unit does not support Zernike Wavefront Analysis (needed for BESSt 2.0).
**** WAIT! "BESSt 2" IS INCLUDED IN "EYE PRO 2013" WHICH INCLUDES MANY MORE FEATURES AS LISTED BELOW: ****
FEATURES (Eye Pro 2013):
• Phaco outcomes calculator (group analysis) [NEW!]
• Toric IOL Calculator [NEW!]*
• Biometry after refractive surgery (BESSt 1 & 2, Borasio IOLMaster® Myopic/Hyperopic Regression: BMR/BHR, Double K) [NEW!]
• Standard biometry (SRK/T, Hoffer Q)
• Surgically Induced Astigmatism (SIA) Calculator (either for K values or Refractions)
• SIA Calculator and Plotter for a Group of eyes (Astig PLOT)
• Visual Acuity Converter (Snellen/Decimal/LogMar)
• Refraction Converter (Corneal/Spectacle plane)
• Cartesian/Polar Notation Converter
• Optical formulas (Thin Lens Eq, GOF, Custom Keratometric Index)
For more details and screenshots visit www.edmondoborasio.com.