This Blackstone Audio unabridged edition of THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS by Larry Niven and Edward. M. Lerner is a prequel to the Ringworld series. It comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available, powered by the Folium enhancedAudio™ engine (see below for feature descriptions).
“NIVEN AND LERNER…CLEARLY ENJOY REVISITING ALIENS FAMILIAR FROM NIVEN’S MENAGERIE WHILE SPINNING AN ELABORATE TALE OF INTERPLANETARY INTRIGUE. THEIR MANY FANS WILL, TOO.” (Booklist)
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the same 5-star recording that is available through other online stores at much higher prices. It is unabridged and professionally recorded at Blackstone Audio by award-winning narrator Tom Weiner (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Transformers). You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
• EXPERIENCE. About seven hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ premium edition, this book is packed with extra functions and features not found on lesser players. Easily skip back to rehear a missed bit, or zip through the chapters at lightning speed.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. This app is airplane-ready. Once downloaded, you can listen uninterrupted, with no threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for additional books, functions, and features and then watch them become reality. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: This book should be suitable for all audiences.
The newly liberated humans of the Fleet of Worlds and Sigmund Ausfaller, who had been transported by the Puppeteers from Earth to the Fleet, must contend not only with the sly Puppeteers but also the threat of the Pak, a very smart and utterly ruthless species who are fleeing the exploding galactic core in an armada of ships at near light speed. The Pak are headed towards the Fleet of Worlds, having destroyed entire planets in their wake. Sigmund and his human allies are sent by the Puppeteers to reconnoiter and divert the Pak. A Pak is captured, but even a well-guarded Pak prisoner can be lethal.