A 5 player, mathematical drill instruction application built to support and reinforce mathematical tables and educational scope & sequence requirements covering preschool through 4th grade on the iPhone/iPOD-Touch. (see KosmicMath Family HD for iPAD version).
KosmicMath is a space exploration game that uses NASA imagery, themed animations and sound affects creating an immersive educational experience. Two modes of play, Mission and Drill, encourage children to master their math tables and chart their progress.
In mission mode, players are urged to demonstrate mastery over basic mathematical operations as they travel through the solar system collecting alien trophies and visiting NASA web sites. In Drill mode, players are given a pop quiz which is individually scored, emailed and archived along with the problem set, player answers and statistics about the players responses. Data from mission mode and drill mode is saved for each player, synchronized to other iPhone, iPOD-Touch or iPAD devices and archived into the KosmicMath WEB portal for parent and teacher analysis of player performance.
At the heart of KosmicMath is a proprietary problem generation algorithm which mimics human instruction, by generating problems that are always appropriate to the player’s grade and experience level. KosmicMath’s problem generation algorithm tracks all student success and failures - constantly adjusting to each players’ unique learning requirements. The KosmicMath problem generation engine automatically adjusts the player’s difficulty and settings as they progress through 25 increasing levels of challenge.
Children are promoted when scoring 80% or higher across all required operands for their grade level. Promotion increases the problem number size and problem difficulty by reducing the amount of time allowed for answering the problem. In addition, the number of correct problems is increased as the student shows proficiency in the lower number sets; thus continually challenging the student towards demonstrated mastery of their elementary math tables. KosmicMath supports 5 promotion levels: Cadet, Navigator, Co-Pilot, Commander and Admiral.
KosmicMath monitors player response gathering and reporting each player's performance indicators including: mission scores and drill / test results. Player performance data is individually maintained for up to 5 players.
The KosmicMath WEB portal provides a unified student dashboard which displays Mission and Drill progress over time and for each player. Performance graphs show children's mathematical proficiency by operand and within their learning requirements for each grade level.
– Family edition: 5 players and all 5 grade levels (preK through 4th grade)
– Two modes of operation: Mission & Drill
– Multi-level reward system encourages continued play
– Problems generated follow the Scope and Sequence operation and number sets approximating the school year
– Problem generation algorithm will not generate problems outside of a students current grade and experience level
– Problem generation algorithm self monitors student performance and adjusts difficulty striving for mastery
– Detailed and summary performance tracking by player
– Email notifications of progress and rewards
– Email notification of completed drills with problems and player answers
– Player roaming capability -- allows players to pickup any licensed KosmicMath device and continue their play where the last left off..
Parents who provide a valid email address will receive email notification of promotions, achievements and drills as they happen. In addition they may log onto the KosmicMath web site www.kosmicmath.com and view summary performance graphs and performance details for their child’s mathematical development. Each mission and drill taken can be reviewed in summary and detail form on the WEB site.