FireReady is the official Victorian Government app for CFA, MFB and DELWP bushfire warnings and information. Download FireReady and set up Watch Zones to ensure you receive official warnings and information for your area. See the FAQs at http://firereadyfaq.emergency.vic.gov.au/, watch the FireReady video at http://vimeo.com/81778120 or email FireReadyApp@emergency.vic.gov.au if you need further assistance.
Getting a message asking Allow "FireReady" to access to your location? You need to Allow access to see incidents and warnings for your Current Location.
Getting a message asking you to turn on notifications? You need to ensure that push notifications are enabled specifically for the FireReady app, as follows:
For iOS9, iOS8 and iOS6:
1. Click on the Settings icon and then select Notifications.
2. Scroll down, click the FireReady icon
3. Ensure 'Allow Notifications" or "Notification Centre" (iOS6) at top of the screen is set to On.
4. We recommend that you set Alert Style as 'Banners' or Alerts' and ensure that Sounds and "Show on Lock Screen" or "View in Lock Screen" (iOS6) are set to On.
1. Open the device's Settings icon and then select 'Notification Center'.
2. Under 'Access on Lock Screen', check that 'Notifications View' is On (showing as green).
3. Scroll further down and ensure that FireReady is in the list under INCLUDE. Click it to open it.
4. At the top, set Alert Style as 'Banners' or Alerts'
5. Then ensure that everything in this section is turned On - ‘Badge App Icon’, ‘Sounds’, 'Show in Notification Center', 'Show on Lock Screen’, etc (all should be showing as green).
Updating to a new phone? Your Watch Zones may not function on your new device – if this occurs delete all watch zones, reinstall FireReady from scratch on your new device, and then re-create watch zones as new.
• Live incident map showing all current official warnings, planned burns and other types of incidents across Victoria.***
• Simple to use Watch Zones that ensure you get official warnings for your local area. Warnings and information* are pushed out to a user's phone when issued by CFA, MFB or DELWP.
• Integration of DELWP planned burns.
• GPS integration to determine your current location** and surrounding incidents.
• Emergency Warnings, Watch & Act, and Advice information as issued by the CFA, MFB and DELWP
• Share incidents and warnings with friends and family.
• View today's Fire Danger Rating map.
• View today's Total Fire Ban Status.
The FireReady app is just one tool to assist you to access warnings and information about bushfire, however you should never rely on just one information channel. Fire and emergency services use a range of other information channels including SKY TV, ABC local radio, some commercial and designated community radio stations, Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL) on 1800 240 667, VicEmergency on www.emergency.vic.gov.au and social media channels including CFA Twitter and Facebook.
Please refer to the Terms & Conditions and Disclaimer within the app for further information, view the FAQs at http://firereadyfaq.emergency.vic.gov.au/ or email the team at FireReadyApp@emergency.vic.gov.au if you need further assistance.
* Your device must have an internet connection to receive warnings and information issued by Victorian fire and emergency services.
** To view your current location, GPS must be switched on and location functionality enabled.
*** Map symbols represent the origin of the fire, not its current location or spread.