The Pelindung DataKu (English: My Data Protector) application allows users to synchronize their address book/mobile phone contacts between their iPhone and a website/server hosted by PT Telekomunikasi Selular in real time. The application runs fully Over The Air using a data connection, either GPRS, Edge or 3G whichever is available. The main purpose of this application is to allow users to protect their information should their iPhone be lost or damaged. By using the application users who have previously performed a synchronization will be able to restore their contacts directly from the website/server.
- Consists of Fast Sync and Slow Sync.
(i) Fast Sync
- The normal synchronization mode, in which the client and the server exchange only the latest modifications to the data that they have stored.
(ii) Slow Sync
- Retrieve all contacts from the server and merge with those in the iPhone.
2. Force Init Sync
- Slow Sync.
- To record down all previous synchronization history.
4. Incomplete items
- To record failures during synchronization.
- To setup user’s username/mobile number and password.
- A guide on how to use the application.
- Company information.
Benefits of Pelindung DataKu:
- To query all contacts from iPhone and backup into a website/server.
- To retrieve all contacts from server into any iPhone at anytime and anywhere.
- Prevent lost of contacts when iPhone is lost or damaged.
- To allow users additional methods to manage their contacts online.