mLumbarLaminectomy is an information resource for the surgical procedure known as a lumbar laminectomy. It presents surgical visualizations, medical images and educational notes for anyone seeking an introductory understanding of the procedure.
• Stenosis – the definition of spinal stenosis and the purpose of a lumbar laminectomy
• Indications – the reasons for performing a lumbar laminectomy
• Alternatives – alternative treatments to performing the lumbar laminectomy
• Surgical Goals – clinical goals when performing a lumbar laminectomy
• Surgical Technique – illustrates the surgical procedure for a lumbar laminectomy
• Medical Imaging - images of patients after the procedure
• No smoking – the importance of not smoking before the procedure
• Expectations – reasonable clinical expectations following a lumbar laminectomy
• Rehabilitation – what is required following posterior lumbar laminectomy
• Physical Therapy – importance of lifelong back care
• detailed education
• anatomically accurate
• improved understanding, commitment, outcomes and satisfaction
mLumbarLaminectomy is part of the lumbar spine library of patient education applications. Anatomate-apps have a range of spine apps including the reference apps iSpineCare, iSpineOperations and iSpinePainManagement.