As someone giving courses one often has to memorize new persons - faces and names. myStudents application was designed to help you memorize your participants or students as well as assist you to add participatory elements to your presentation.
myStudents allows you to create profiles for your students/participants and for your courses. The student’s profile save the name and a photo of the student, gender, as well as which of your course(s) she/he attends.
Your courses can have any number of sessions - to determine when your courses take place. Based on this information myStudents can guess the context and your intentions when opening the application (context aware computing).
With myStudents you can train recognizing your students. myStudents also picks students for you (by course and gender) to assist you in finding new participatory approaches which you can integrate in your presentations.
- create profiles of your students, add photos and assign them to courses.
- add email addresses to student profiles and send messages/notifications to all students enrolled in a course. Compose email addresses manually or use the EM@il Address Composer for entering them on the fly.
- add student ID numbers to the profiles and search for students by name or ID number.
- add sessions to your courses to determine course times and enable context aware computing. myStudents keeps track of upcoming and ongoing sessions.
- memorize your students by remembering their names when you see their faces. Go through random sequences of students of a specific course or of all your students. Swipe to uncover their names, shake the device to the next student. You can mark individual students as ‘well-known’, so that they are less frequently included in a training sequence.
- pick students randomly to integrate participatory teaching methodologies. myStudents keeps track of which students/participants were already picked so that all students in your course will be motivated to participate. If a student is picked but he is temporarily not attending your course you can put her/him back into the pool of students who have not been picked yet. (At any given time you can device to only pick female or male students/participants.)
- Take Attendance at the beginning of/during exams (works in conjunction with exam sessions). List students with name, photo and ID number, search for individual students by name or ID number, see statistics at the bottom of the list to quickly verify that you logged in all attendants.
- manage students and sessions in your database effectively with macro-functions.
- for ease of use and smooth interaction, only relevant options are presented to you.
- use iPhone-typical interaction schemes like swipe and shake to operate the application.
myStudents is a comprehensive tool to help you memorize your participants and students. It also can assist you picking students to integrate participatory approaches into your presentations. With context aware computing it can follow your course agenda and provide an instantaneous user experience.
This application is not for everybody. It is for everyone who frequently or periodically needs to memorize persons - and especially for people giving courses.