A pocket reference for electricians and electrical engineers, Elec Ref provides a set of convenient utilities for reference on the job or on the go.
• Wire gauge calculator selects an appropriate wire gauge based on wire type, current, and environmental temperature.
• Parallel conductors determines the required number of conductors for a load and wire size.
• Conduit size calculator determines the minimum conduit diameter required for a series of wires.
• Transformer sizing calculator helps you buy the right transformer for your load, voltage, and phases.
• Resistor color code utility identifies the ohms, tolerance, and temperature coefficient based on a resistor's color bands.
• Motor amps reference gives typical Full Load Amps for standard motors.
• Motor horsepower calculator determines a motor's hp based on its voltage, efficiency, and amps. Also typical FLA values for electric motors.
• RJ45 Ethernet plug wiring reference.
• NEMA Plugs reference, locking and non-locking plugs to 60 amps.
• Standard wire colors for low voltage, 3 phase, telephone, British Automotive, bladed fuse color codes
• 25/50 pair color codes for telephone cables
• Wire types defined for more than 20 types including THHN, THWN, MTW, and all the major types.
• Thermocouple wire reference for 12 different types
• OptiCut cut optimization: how best to get a series of wire cuts out of a combination of partial spools and how many new spools you'll need to buy.
• Ohm's Law feature does all the permutations of V=IR and calculates Power as well.
• Voltage Drop calculator
• Voltage Unbalance calculator
Please share your ideas for additional functions at our website.
If you like Elec Ref please leave us good feedback on the iTunes store!