The Crystal Mountain
by Ruth Sanderson
Reading Level: 6-10 years
When the Fairies of the Crystal Mountain steal Anna’s tapestry, she sends her three sons to get it back. With the help of three magic horses, her youngest son, Perrin, goes through fiery plains and icy seas and at last reaches the Crystal Mountain. Will he succeed in his task?
“Sanderson’s lush, detailed oil paintings are perfectly suited to the theater of the classic fairy tale, where blood red bays may be summoned by a whistle’s trill, and heroes climb mountains of crystal to reach palaces inhabited by velvet-clothed princesses.” – Kirkus
About this App:
PicPocket Books brings classic children’s picture book literature to digital media. Now, children can enjoy their favorites stories on-the-go, even when they do not have a physical book to read.
Parents, take notice. This App:
- Does not includes analytics.
- Does not collect or share any personal data.
- Does not contain any ads.
- Does not contain any In App Purchases.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration.
- Links to the iTunes App Store for the option to see other family-friendly, educational apps from PicPocket Books and KidsMathFun.
This classic CHILDREN'S BOOK app promotes EARLY LEARNING and helps your children develop READING skills by connecting the spoken audio words and sounds with the written word on the page. PicPocket Books' Learn-to-Read highlighting feature is an additional READING aid.
PicPocket Books offer a unique and new experience, combining the beauty of quality picture books with audio recordings and interactive visual text. This combination enables independent enjoyment for children regardless of reading level, subtle support for early readers, and nostalgic fun for adults.
Whether standing in a grocery line, taking a car trip, or waiting in a doctor's office, PicPocket Books provide personal, interactive story experiences. The books can be downloaded with one click or tap, and provide educational and entertainment value to children and adults alike.
Your PicPocket Book is a perfect complement to regular story time with parents or grandparents, and a gentle alternative to flashy, fast-paced digital media time.
- High fidelity, full-color illustrations that stay true to the original classic print book.
- High quality audio recording.
- Highlighted text corresponds with audio - each word highlights as it is read to help new readers understand the connection between words and sounds - excellent for beginning readers or curious pre-readers.
- Play-pause to start and stop the story at any time.
- Fast-forward and fast-back to replay images and audio.
- Stories downloadable directly to your device, anytime, anywhere, on-the-go.
- Buy it once, play it as many times as you want.
- Patent-pending technology.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
PicPocket Books is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-10
Categories: CLASSICS, BOOKS, READING