The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooperd (UNABRIDGED) was produced by Blackstone Audio and comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available (see FEATURES, below).
Cora and Alice Munro, the daughters of an English commander, are on their way to join their father in America. Escorting them through the wilderness are Alice’s fiancé, Major Duncan Heyward, and the treacherous Indian Magua, who secretly serves the French.
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the same exact 5-star recording that is available through other outlets at higher prices. It is unabridged and professionally recorded at Blackstone Audio by Grammy Award winner, Stefan Rudnicki. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
“THIS NOVEL REMAINS THE MOST POPULAR of Cooper’s Leatherstocking Tales, a classic story of the French and Indian War. The battles and exciting pursuits, which constitute the book’s plot, are rounded out by interesting Indian lore and descriptions of the wilderness.”
—Masterpieces of World Literature
• EXPERIENCE. About 14.5 hours of listening pleasure. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for books, functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: 12+ For war, some sexuality, death,and violence.
This timeless historical romance is set in early America, when the French and Indian War pits English colonists against France’s Indian allies. Scout Natty Bumppo and his loyal friends, the “last of the Mohicans,” fight to protect the daughters of an English commander from the evil Magua and his Iroquois thugs. Stefan Rudnicki's lush voice caries this classic to your ears in an unforgettable presentation of Cooper's finest work.