The International Children's Digital Library (ICDL) brings a worldwide collection of free children's books to the iPad. The largest collection of its kind, the ICDL spans the globe with thousands of children's books from over 60 countries, in a wide assortment of beautiful languages with captivating illustrations. Meet the six Mongolian brothers in search of knowledge, the gray Palestinian peacemaker cat that does something most unusual to the other cat's ears, or a version of the Three Little Pigs that you surely have never heard before.
The ICDL is brought to you on the iPad with the kind support of the University of Maryland's Human-Computer Interaction Lab and the International Children's Digital Library Foundation. It presents:
* The full ICDL collection (thousands of books)
* Completely free
* Books in dozens of languages
* iPad support for rotation (automatically shows two pages at a time in landscape view)
* All books have summaries in English and the native language of the book
* Special support for readability - by zooming text (for many books)
* Many books translated into other languages
The goal of the library is to excite and inspire young readers to become better world citizens by leveraging technology to reach underserved children who have little access to libraries. The ICDL is offered free of charge to everyone, everywhere with no advertising.
If you value the ICDL or feel some resonance with our mission, please visit us at www.childrenslibrary.org to learn how you can help!