iContactsImporter lets you import your contacts (or address book) from another phone or Laptop/PC to your iPhone. If you have just bought a new iPhone and don't want to type in hundreds of your address book entries from your existing phone again, iContactsImporter is the app for you. In just a few taps you are set.
* Imports contacts from .csv (comma separated values) file
* Automatically maps the address book fields from your .csv file (e.g. Postal code -> ZIP code)
* Gives you option to adjust the mapping
* Creates a new group for your imported contacts. You can also choose to import all the contacts into the main address book.
iContactsImporter imports your contacts from a .csv file. Most of the handset providers have a PC suite (e.g. Nokia, Sony Ericsson etc.) from which you can easily export all your contacts to a .csv file. You can also do the same from most of the computer applications (Outlook, Thunderbird etc.) and other mobile devices (Palm etc.). Here's the step-by-step guide to import your contacts
1. Export your existing address book to .csv file (refer to your mobile handset manual for details).
2. Upload the .csv file to an FTP site.
3. Launch iContactsImporter and enter the access details to the FTP site (username, password and the csv filename)
4. iContactsImporter will map the fields and present you with a table. You can edit the map if you want.
5. Enter a group name to which you want to import all the contacts to. Leave it blank to import to the main address book.
6. Tap 'Import' and you are done! The number of contacts that are imported will be displayed.
Note: Before you purchase this app, please note that to use this application you will need to be able to upload your address book file to an FTP site and retrieve it by specifying username and password. The developers of iContactsImporter do not provide this facility.