PED provides quick reference to various pediatric emergencies encountered by those looking after children. It offers rapid access to critical information in an emergency situation for physicians, nurses, paramedics and medical students.
Key Features include:
• Point-of-care management of common emergencies such as status asthmaticus, anaphylaxis, sickle cell crisis, status epilepticus, increased intracranial pressure, sepsis, etc.
• Quick reference to various toxidromes and antidotes, as well as various metabolic and electrolytes abnormalities
• Access to estimated weight, body surface area, range of vitals and equipment sizes based on age.
• Cardiac arrhythmias and resuscitations
• Rapid sequence intubation with the correct drug doses based on weight
• Easy to use calculations of fluids replacement needed in burns and DKA, or glucose infusion rate for hypoglycemia.
• Tabulations of blood products and their use, blood pressure by age, sex and height
• Graphs for phototherapy and exchange transfusion for neonatal hyperbilirubinemia