The FOX8 Weather app is a full-featured weather app for Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem and the Piedmont area with the tools to keep you informed of weather news, current conditions and forecasts – all from the FOX8 Weather Team. View the interactive radar and stay alerted to any watches or warnings in the area – right on your phone.
Get all of the same FREE features as before, plus new free features, plus premium upgrades. Just like before, this new version of the application includes the ability to add five locations for tracking hourly (tap on a day), daily & extended weather information, forecasts, and watches and warnings all FREE. Get detailed current conditions by tapping the current temp. Users now get a 6th "current" location that updates whenever the app is opened and severe weather outlooks. Alerts are still shown in the app in the form of badge icons next to each location for free.
Now as a premium upgrade, you can turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio safety and security app, powered by the award winning iMap Weather Radio. You will get voice enabled push alerts powered by a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. The premium features include push notifications for more than 100 National Weather Service alert types, voice announcements of alerts, spoken alert details, spoken forecasts, alerts based on your current location tracked in the background. Through a 7-day free trial users may experience all the premium features offered.
**** FREE FEATURES ****
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts, and severe weather alert badges and text for your current location
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA's Storm Prediction Center
• Twitter & Facebook feeds and more
• Free 7-day trial for the full alert package
**** IN-APP PURCHASES ****
• Turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio for a single one-time-only purchase of $9.99. That package includes:
• Five static locations, plus the current location (6 total)
• Push Notifications – Receive push notifications for severe weather warning, watches, and advisories issues by the National Weather Service for more than 100 alert types
• Map Overlays – Enable additional display layers on the map, including warnings, watches, hurricane tracks, and more
• Voice Audio – Spoken alerts, alert details and forecasts
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
FOX8 Weather Center is a fully-fledged weather forecasting app that will provide you with all of the standard reporting details you would expect including weather conditions in your local area, radar map imaging, Storm Prediction Center Outlooks, and much more.