This is an integrated activity book for gifted first through second graders and third grade readers. Jump in and discover this educational story presented with sound, seven interactive apps within its pages, and spots for first through third grade readers to put themselves into the story. This is the true story of how a young boy named Federico discovered the Magic of Music from his natural surroundings. Born in Mexico, Federico Ronstadt created a musical legacy that has been passed down through six generations, including his granddaughter Linda Ronstadt, her brother Michael, their children, cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews. Many of them participated in the creation of this book.
Six- to twelve-year-old readers will love this multidimensional book. They will not only learn the magic of music, but understand how family legacies are created. Each time readers open the book they will be able to enjoy a layered experience not available anywhere else. Within the book are applications allowing readers to listen to music, record themselves singing, upload their family photos and, when finished, share some of their experiences with others through email built into the story.
•Audio and video features bring a deeper level of understanding to the text
• Fun, interactive geography lesson encourages readers to use maps and scale of miles to calculate distance
•Motivating math activities give the opportunity for participation by individuals or pairs
•User is able to personalize the story by uploading personal photos and drawings
•Recording feature lets readers record themselves singing or retelling a favorite tale
• Link to the company website leads to downloadable additional support materials to keep the learning going
The Magic of the Music™:
- Does not contain 3rd party ads.
- Does not contain in-app purchases.
- Does not contain integration with social networks.
- Does not use 3rd party analytics / data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by Mobile Learning Services in the iTunes App Store.