Hoover Dam is the 8th Great Wonder of the world. It was built during the Great Depression and over 200 men lost their lives working on it. Learn how this magnificent engineering marvel not only tamed the wildest river in the United States, but also gave seven western states a new lease for economic prosperity.
This audio narrated walking tour comes with a detailed tour route map and powerful navigation features to guide you from one tour sight to the next. Tour sights included in this application are:
* Canyon View
* High Scaler Statue
* Winged Figures of the Republic
* Compass and Dedication Plaque
* The Dam
* Intake Towers
* Bypass Bridge
* Power Plant
* Arizona Spillway
All the data used in this app is built into the software; hence, no Internet or Data Connection is necessary. The app works offline, so you will not need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring route clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* The "FindMe" feature displays your exact location, while an auto tracking feature displays your movement on the map, so you always know if you are moving in the right direction (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch).