Selected from sermons delivered by C. S. Lewis during World War II, these nine addresses show the beloved author and theologian bringing hope and courage in a time of great doubt. Addressing some of the most difficult issues we face in our day-to-day lives, Lewis’ ardent and timeless words provide an unparalleled path to greater spiritual understanding. “The Weight of Glory,” considered by many to be Lewis’ finest sermon of all, is an incomparable explication of virtue, goodness, desire, and glory. Also included are: “Transposition,” “On Forgiveness,” “Why I Am Not a Pacifist,” and “Learning in War-Time,” in which Lewis presents his compassionate vision of Christianity in language that is both lucid and compelling.
Download your book directly over Wi-Fi or cellular network and begin listening as soon as the first track downloads. The Downpour.com powered app features an attractive interface with traditional audio controls in addition to sleep timer, bookmarking, and variable track scrubbing.
• Attractive, easy-to-use interface
• Download audio tracks directly over Wi-Fi and cellular networks for offline listening
• Multitasking for background downloads and background audio controls
• Resume playback functionality
• Remember important parts of the book with bookmarks and notes
• Sleep timer: 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 minutes or when the current track ends
• Variable track scrubbing
Questions or comments? Visit www.downpour.com/kbase or get in touch on Twitter @downpour_com