The Lion and the Mouse, as told in Marmaduke Park’s beautiful, rhythmic rendition of this timeless Aesop fable, come to life in a fresh and fun Scanimation approach.
Lion and Mouse is a short story for kids with a moral. Kids learn that no act of kindness is ever wasted. In this story, a ferocious lion is disturbed from his snooze by the mouse, however the angry lion decides to spare the mouse out of generosity. Few days later the king of jungle is trapped in a poacher’s net, and that is when a mouse comes to the lion’s rescue. This short story carries a strong moral that will be engraved in a child’s mind.
Lion and Mouse is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Learn the moral of the story
-Kids will get introduced to two new animals and their characteristics
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- Name some wild animals, or animals that live in forests.
- What did you learn from the story? Would you follow it?
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
- Interact with the story as it unfolds, cutting the rope that holds the text to make it drop and bounce and switching between different narrator voices.
▶ TWO WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn