A RHYTHM GUITAR PRIMER:
Keep that pick hand moving in time, until it becomes second nature.
A VITAL RESOURCE FOR PRACTISING AND IMPROVING RHYTHM GUITAR SKILLS:
Practise strumming complex rhythm patterns and get your timing perfect!
A USEFUL SONGWRITING TOOL:
Find the perfect groove for your next song!
Strumming in 8ths is:
* 4 down-strums on the numbered beats
* 4 up-strums on the 'ands':
1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & = down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up.
Strumming in 16ths is:
* 8 down-strums on the numbered beats and the 'ands'
* 8 up-strums on the in-betweens:
1 e & a 2 e & a 3 e & a 4 e & a = down, up, down, up, etc...
IMPORTANT: Always keep your strumming hand moving up and down evenly - including rest strokes.
• Practice with a click and one of 27 chord shapes.
• Save your favourite patterns
• Shake to randomise the pattern
• Different notation types
• Muted and ringing chords
Designed and produced in collaboration with guitarist and tutor Simon Nelson