The original and the best
Test your fitness with the only official bleep test on the market. sports coach UK has adapted the Multistage Fitness Test - the original 20m shuttle run bleep test - for the iPhone.
The most reliable aerobic fitness test just got even easier
This endurance fitness test is used in talent identification programmes across the globe, in schools and sports clubs as well as by the emergency services and armed forces to determine fitness levels.
And you don't need to be a scientist to use it!
- Run the test for individuals or groups
- Save individual scores against individual and group profiles
- Instant VO2max calculation
- Email individual and team results
- Record notes on an individualís performance
- Share scores on Facebook
- Chart progress on a graph
Other features include:
- Access to the full VO2 max table
- Handy video tutorial to make sure you get the most out our your app
- Audio instructions that explain the test to participants
- Traffic light colour coded three strikes system
The Chief Medical Officer Sir Liam Donaldson recommended the introduction of physical
fitness testing in schools and cited the shuttle run test as being able to "closely predict a child's heart and lung fitness".
Because there is no VO2 max score for Level 1 Shuttle 0, the app records completion of a level within the level displayed on screen.
This means that VO2 max scores are calculated using the level and shuttle the athlete dropped out in, rather than completed. The impact of this on VO2 max score is negligible.