For 150 million years, dinosaurs were the undisputed rulers of the Earth. Today, these great lizards still fire our imaginations. This Dinosaurs app profiles the creatures that lived during the age of reptiles, from the Tyrannosaurus Rex, Stegosaurus and Diplodocus to huge birds of prey to ferocious sabre-toothed cats.
The entries are grouped chronologically, with examples drawn from the Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Tertiary and Quaternary Periods. Each dinosaur or other prehistoric creature is illustrated with a full-colour artwork, along with an information box detailing the fossil location, the dinosaur’s diet, the meaning of its name and its size. Accessible text provides an introduction to each dinosaur’s behaviour, habits and other key information.
Featuring almost 300 aquatic, avian and land-based dinosaurs, both herbivore, carnivore and omnivores and ranging from ammonites to prehistoric beasts such as mammoths, the Dinosaurs app is an essential, user-friendly reference work.
• More than 290 dinosaurs from the Early Permian Period to the Quaternary
• Each dinosaur illustrated with a full-colour artwork
• From Tyrannosaurus Rex to Pterodactyls to ammonites and mammoths
• Information tables on size, fossil location, meaning of name and diet
• Quick search functions by period of dinosaur
• Favourites section
• All data stored offline on your device. No Internet connection required
• Supports both iPhone and iPad
Gerrie McCall is a freelance writer living in Austin, Texas. Her other books include Nature’s Monsters: Weird & Wonderful Fish, Dragons, and Monsters & Villains.