*** NEW FEATURE ***
Support for multiple players. Now you can choose which player to control when you launch the controller, great for those who wish to control more than one 'Player' at the same time!
"Any parent with youngsters in the back seat watching an iOS device need this app! It is fantastic!" - MyMac.com
“This app does exactly what it claims to do and does it well” - TiPb.com
“Take charge of your kid’s viewing, Movie Remote Kids provides a solution” - AppAdvice.com
The iOS to iOS movie remote control solution for your kids... and Parents!
To our knowledge this is the only app that allows you to control playback of (DRM* Free) movies/programmes loaded in to an app on one device and remotely controlled with another. Works with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. You don't need to be running an app on your computer to act as a server, it's completely mobile!
(*DRM is the encryption applied if you purchased a movie through iTunes. These downloads will reside in your 'Videos' app and Apple do not allow playback of DRM files or any that are in the 'Videos' app. If the law permits in your country you may produce a backup - DRM free - version and load this into our app.)
Imagine the scene... You've set a movie playing on your iPad for your kid, they're out of reach in the back of the car or across the room...
Now they want a different movie...
Then they ask to see 'that bit' again... Now they want the volume higher...
The parents' nightmare is over with Movie Remote Kids!
Using either bluetooth (no need to pair, just make sure bluetooth is enabled on both devices) or a local wifi network you can now have one iOS device play your movie files whilst another device acts as the remote control. Plus if both your devices are on the same iTunes account then you'll only have to buy the app once!
Apple don't allow apps to access the built-in video library on your device, so you will have to add your movies directly into our app through iTunes, however once you've added your files you're good to go! Movies that you've purchased through iTunes will probably be DRM encrypted and will not play through this app. Find out more at movieremote.co.uk
Great for those scenarios when you need to be in control but may struggle with access, such as your kid's in the back of the car or across the room. Perfect for older kids too where you'd prefer to have Parental control over what they watch on your device.
Movie Remote Kids (MRK) features -
• Choose which movie to play from your MRK library list
• Control volume
• Pause or stop a movie
• Skip to any point using the scrub bar
• Confirmation prompts to avoid mistakes and annoying the kids!
• Kids have no controls on the 'Player' device
• Works on iPhone, iPad or iPod
• Easy to setup, single app can be both 'Controller' and 'Player'
• Effectively creates parental control over movies viewed on a device
• Supports .Mov, .Mp4 and .M4v (DRM FREE) formats
• Resume from last play position
• PIN protected playback controls on the Player device
• AirPlay support for player (requires AirPlay supported devices)
• TV Out using HDMI or composite video cable (supported hardware)
• Support for multiple players - Choose which player to control when you launch the controller.