Om Namah Shivaya is an ancient mantra used to awaken higher states of consciousness. In this app, you can touch the screen to go from bead to bead, just like a mala or rosary, while reciting the sacred power-infused mantra that means "I bow to my Inner Self". You can also hear Meditation Master Mark Griffin recite the mantra as you advance each bead.
Mark Griffin, the founder of the Hard Light Center of Awakening, resides in the highest state of Nirvikalpa Samadhi – complete enlightenment – and his recitation arises from that state and permeates this app.
Griffin's other iTunes app, Shri Guru Gita, was featured in the hit movie Eat Pray Love.
This application features:
• 108 rudraksha beads plus one Om bead
• Lifelike movement of the string of beads with the movement of the iPad, iPhone or iPod from side to side
• Each bead can be turned around and rotated just like a real bead could be
• An optional counter for each bead and each complete cycle of recitation
• Changing background colors, correlating to the chakras
• Ability to turn the accompanying recitation sound on or off
• Auto-advance, so the beads can be counted off automatically while you watch
• Sleep timer - set it to play while you fall to sleep, and then turn off automatically
• A full text explanation of how to derive the most benefit from the recitation, and where each sacred syllable resides in the subtle body